Monday 21 February 2011

Christening cake with train topper

You might remember my baby shower cake for one of my best friends that I blogged about here http://vanillalila.blogspot.com/2010/09/baby-shower.html
Well it was her baby's Christening day yesterday & I was honoured to be baby Harry's godmother. He is such a lovely baby and has made his parents very happy indeed. So I couldn't be his godmother without making his cake and this is what we came up with.
 
The train was my husbands project, while I'm rushing around baking, icing and piping he likes to get stuck into something fun. He did a fabulous job, I think it really finishes the cake off well.


4 comments:

  1. aaawwww, that is absolutely beautiful!!!!! well done, it all looks absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful train

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now is the train made of icing too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the train is made from flowerpaste, it sets much harder than sugarpaste or modeling paste :)

    ReplyDelete